The Alfredo Sauce That Tastes Just Like Olive Garden
This recipe does NOT in any way align with my "healthy living" lifestyle but sometimes you just have to let yourself indulge and little right? I'm also in NO way a professional cook, just a homemaker with an extreme weakness for good food. I am also such a sucker for a good Alfredo sauce and have been partial to Olive Garden's Alfredo sauce since I was a little girl so when I accidentally stumbled across this recipe for "Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce" I was SHOCKED when it tasted EXACTLY like my childhood favorite! So of course, I had to share it with you because it was...that good!
I modified the recipe a bit (due to lack of ingredients) but you can see the original version here!
See how I prepare my noodles to give them the perfect texture and taste below!
I know that everyone thinks that preparing noodles is one of the simplest things in the cook book, but an entire dish can be totally destroyed if the noodles aren't cooked just right! To get the perfect texture and taste I cook all my spaghetti and fettuccini noodles this way...
1. Bring a large pot of water to a bubbly boil (add salt)
2. Add noodles, making sure to press slowly on the noodles that are sticking out of the water so they can cook consistently with the rest of the noodle.
3. Let cook on high for 3 minutes then turn down to medium heat for a remaining 9 minutes. You want your noodles to be soft but not still with a little stiffness (aka al dente).
4. Strain all the hot water, then rinse with cold water.
5. Return to pot or new dish, add 1-2 tbs of olive oil, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and mix.
Get the perfect Alfredo sauce below!!!
I also cooked this dish with grilled chicken! The perfect combination!
As always, thank you for stopping by and let me know how your dish turned out! xoxo, Tessa
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: