If I’m to be incredibly honest right now I’d say that most my life I haven’t had that great of self-esteem. I’m never content with my weight, never satisfied with my complexion, never pleased with my personal growth.
I've lived my life always seeking perfection through my hair style, make-up or wardrobe; I sought to accomplish certain tasks in order to make myself more appealing or to satisfy my own self-worth. Truth is…I never was satisfied. I lacked vision for my life and constantly doubted the path I had taken. I felt extremely lost and alone (cliche I know).
When I got married and became a mother that all changed. These are the 8 reasons why my marriage and motherhood boosted my self-confidence:
1. My husband gave me the freedom to feel comfortable in my own skin. He’s never cared about my weight fluctuations, my skin breakouts or the amount of craziness I possess (even more so during certain times of the month).
2. My marriage liberated me from the constant searching and wondering if I’d ever end up with the man of my dreams. Finding the man I knew I would be spending the rest of my life with gave me not only the reassurance I needed but it eliminated the doubt and fear I had about never being good enough for someone.
3. I only dress to impress one person and most the time he’s fine with my baggy t-shirts and yoga pants.
4. After becoming a mother I learned more about myself than I had in the 20 years prior; not only my weaknesses but my strengths as well. Motherhood makes us pretty darn near invincible ladies!
5. Motherhood gave me purpose; it gave me a vision for my life. For the first time I felt like I understood myself and what I, personally, was created to do.
6. Watching my children grow and flourish in their short lives has given me more pride in the person I was made to be. We as mothers and wives have been given such a unique opportunity to love in ways that we never knew existed.
7. Becoming a mother has made me feel more beautiful and confident to step out in the things that don’t come as natural to me. As much as I desire perfection, I've come to realize that marriage and motherhood are anything but.
8. Being a wife and a mother has given me the opportunity to surround myself with some of the most brave, beautiful, and confident women I have ever met and for that I am extremely grateful. You can't do mommyhood without a group of women that help you grow in the right direction.
One of the most beautiful things about being a mother and a wife is that there is total grace covering you all the time. You can mess up a thousand times but you will still remain the same in the eyes of the Father. Children are incredibly forgiving and loyal and well husbands…they’re just saints (lets me honest ladies). I am incredibly proud of say that my life as a wife and mother has made me more beautiful than I could have ever accomplished on my own. Own it moms! You are so beautiful!
If you think this would encourage a friend today share it with them! xoxo friends!